The Inn at the Beach is committed to offering the most comfortable and user-friendly ADA experience while staying with us on beautiful Venice Beach. From the moment you arrive, you can relax knowing we have a full staff on hand to help you enjoy all that the island offers. Our property was built in the 1950s with loads of Old Florida charm, so we have worked diligently with ADA guidelines to improve the accessibility of our spaces and enhance our guest experience.
While our two-level property does not offer elevator service, we are committed to ensuring the best possible and most comfortable guest experience. Here are examples of modifications our team members are trained to make:
- Remove the bed frame or box spring to lower the bed to a more acceptable height for your personal needs.
- Relocate equipment in room to a more accessible position.
- Remove additional furniture from the room (like chairs or tables) that may impede wheelchair access.
- Refrigerate medication while waiting for accommodation.
- Remove an interior door in the guest room (such as a bathroom door) that might otherwise impede wheelchair access.
- Provide an extension cord to allow for greater access to electricity.
We have worked very closely with permitting agencies, contractors, and architects to create the very best experience for all of our guests.